2019 Kawasaki Z400 ABS
Candy Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
‘New school' gets a new contender with the entry-lightweight Kawasaki Z400 ABS motorcycle. A fiercely authentic supernaked, the Z400 ABS exudes fresh street style and is immediately recognizable in a crowd with its compact chassis and aggressive styling. Comfortable, balanced and capable, the new Z400 ABS offers a visceral riding experience that's sure to turn heads.
- Predatory Instinct: A fiercely authentic lightweight supernaked built for the streets.
- Sporty, Ninja® Performance: Exciting power, smooth response and abundant low-end torque is produced by a the class-leading Ninja® 400 parallel-twin engine.
- Assist & Slipper Clutch: A compact clutch assists with a light feel at the lever, a wide engagement range for confident control and a back-torque limiting slipper function that helps prevent rear-wheel hop when downshifting.
- All Eyes On You: Taking cues from its Z stablemates, the unmistakable streetfighter styling backs up the aggressive attitude.
- The Z400 ABS offers agile handling and commanding ergonomics for a truly visceral riding experience that won’t go unnoticed.
- Built to deliver light, predictable and natural handling so you can ride with confidence.
- A slim, lightweight trellis frame delivers a balanced riding experience with light and easy maneuvering with excellent capability at highway speeds.
- Plush suspension comes thanks to a 41mm telescopic front fork that’s tuned to provide progressive damping with a high level of feedback to the rider and responsive performance.
- 5-way preload adjustability lets riders adjust the stiffness to suit rider performance or accommodate a passenger.
- Gripped by a balanced actuation dual-piston caliper, the Z400 ABS boasts a large 310mm semi-floating petal front disc. Nissin’s ABS control unit is compact and light weight, delivering precise control to help prevent wheel lockup under extreme braking.
- Stylish star-pattern 5-spoke wheels contribute to light weight and feature optimized lateral rigidity that benefits cornering stability and overall handling.
- The upright riding position, low seat height and wide handlebar put the rider in the ideal position for active control, facilitating dynamic, sporty riding.
- The wide handlebar adds leverage for dynamic control and contributes to easy maneuverability.
- Relaxed, upright riding position helps enable active control and allows for a commanding view of the road.
- Low seat height and slim seat design makes it easy to reach the ground during stops.
- Sporty aluminum footpegs offer direct feel and are positioned slightly forward, offering a comfortable riding position and clear reach to the ground at stops.
- Engine: 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC, liquid-cooled
- Displacement: 399cc
- Bore x Stroke: 70.0 x 51.8mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.5:1
- Maximum Torque: 28.0 lb-ft @ 8,000 rpm
- Fuel System: DFI® with 32mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: TCBI with digital advance
- Transmission: 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive: Sealed chain
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: Telescopic fork/4.7 in
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Uni-Trak® swingarm/5.1 in
- Front Tire: 110/70-17M/C 54H
- Rear Tire: 150/60-17M/C 66H
- Front Brakes: Single disc
- Rear Brakes: Single disc
- Frame Type: Trellis, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 24.5°/3.7 in
- Overall Length: 78.3 in
- Overall Width: 31.5 in
- Overall Height: 41.5 in
- Ground Clearance: 5.7 in
- Seat Height: 30.9 in
- Curb Weight: 363.8 lb**
- Fuel Capacity: 3.7 gal
- Wheelbase: 53.9 in
- Color Choices: Candy Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
- Warranty: 12 Month Limited Warranty
- Kawasaki Protection Plus™ (optional): 12, 24, 26 or 48 months
**Curb weight includes all necessary materials and fluids to operate correctly, full tank of fuel (more than 90 percent capacity) and tool kit (if supplied). When equipped, California evaporative emissions equipment adds approximately 2.2 lb. KAWASAKI CARES: Always wear a helmet, eye protection, and proper apparel. Never ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Read Owner's Manual and all on-product warnings. Professional rider shown on a closed course. © Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A. Specifications subject to change.
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, DOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 70.0 x 51.8mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- DFI® with 32mm throttle bodies
- TCBI with digital advance
- 6-speed, return shift
- Final Drive
- Sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic fork/4.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® swingarm/5.1 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc
- Front Tire
- 110/70-17M/C 54H
- Rear Tire
- 150/60-17M/C 66H
- 53.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 30.9 in.
- 24.5 deg.
- 3.7 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.7 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 363.8 lb.
- Candy Lime Green/Metallic Spark Black
- 12 Month Limited Warranty