Inventory Unit Detail
2014 Kawasaki KX65
2014 KAWASAKI KX65
For more than 30 years, Kawasaki’s smallest KX™ motocrosser has played a key role in the sport of motocross, providing a race-winning platform on which countless national and world champions have begun the journey to superstardom. Today, Kawasaki’s KX65 maintains the same successful attributes, including a powerful and reliable two-stroke engine, lightweight chassis, disc brakes and long travel suspension. Its reputation as the quintessential learning tool for young racers taking their first steps into the world of competitive riding is well deserved.
At A Glance…
• 64cc two-stroke engine with digital ignition offers ideal timing for better throttle response throughout the rev range
• An electrofusion-coated cylinder with advanced exhaust and transfer ports for increased power and performance at higher rpm
• Six-speed transmission offers positive action and rugged durability; hard chrome-finished shift fork ends resist wear
• High-tensile steel frame offers exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling with a reinforced down tube for increased strength and durability
• Uni-Trak® rear suspension offers progressively increasing spring and damping strength as the suspension compresses for a more controlled ride
• Front and rear disc brakes are light, powerful and resist fading
• Industry-leading amateur racing support through Team Green™
64cc Two-stroke Engine
• Digital ignition offers ideal timing for optimal throttle response throughout the rev range
• Ignition rotor features rare-earth magnets, making it smaller, lighter and more durable. Its low inertial moment improves low-rpm response
• High capacity ignition coil delivers a higher secondary voltage for a hotter spark, and the punchier response improves acceleration
• Connecting rod big-end bearing features a cage for added durability
• Primary gear is secured using a lock-nut to help reduce mechanical noise
• The oil seal of the left crankcase has a stopper for increased engine reliability
• Metafoam gaskets are used for the generator cover, water pump cover and water pump elbow for improved sealing
• Silver clutch and ignition covers resist the signs of boot rub to help keep the KX looking fresh, longer
• Advanced exhaust and transfer ports increase power and performance at higher rpm
• Bridge between exhaust ports is machined for increased reliability and resistance to wear and seizure
• Lightweight cylinder liner transfers heat efficiently for cooler running
• Large radiator provides more consistent engine temperatures, keeping power output strong throughout the moto
• Cooling system offers greater reliability and less engine wear
24mm Mikuni Carburetor
• Feeds a four-petal reed valve for excellent throttle response
• Allows the engine to produce more power and torque at all rpm
• Positive action and rugged durability
• Hard chrome-finished shift-fork ends resist wear
• Manual clutch mechanism mirrors larger KX models
• Clutch cover gasket made of metal-carbon composite material
High-tensile Steel Frame
• Exceptional torsional rigidity for excellent handling
• Reinforced downtube adds strength and durability
• Engine and chassis bolts feature rust-resistant coating
• Four-position rebound-damping adjustment accommodates different riding styles and terrain
Uni-Trak® Rear Suspension
• Rising-rate action allows a more controlled ride as the suspension compresses
• Four-way adjustable rebound damping offers a variety of settings for various track conditions
• External reservoir helps maintain consistent damping
• Rebuildable aluminum body
• Forged aluminum rocker arm reduces weight and improves durability
Front and Rear Disc Brakes
• Light and powerful
• Ergonomic front brake lever shape offers better feel
• Resist fading
• Require less lever pressure
Lightweight Aluminum Rims
• Black aluminum rims provide the same aggressive look as the rims on larger KX models
• Reduce unsprung weight for improved suspension action
Detachable Aluminum Silencer
• Silencer is removable, and packing is replaceable
• Oval shape mimics the styling of larger-displacement KX models
- Engine: Two-stroke single
- Displacement: 64.7cc
- Bore x Stroke: 44.5 x 41.6mm
- Cooling System: Liquid
- Carburetion: Mikuni VM24SS
- Induction: Four-petal reed valve
- Compression ratio: 8.4:1
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final drive: Chain
- Frame Type: Semi-double-cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 27 deg. / 2.4 in.
- Front suspension / wheel travel: 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping / 8.3 in.
- Rear suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload / 9.4 in.
- Front Tire Size: 60/100x14
- Rear Tire Size: 80/100x12
- Front brakes / rear brakes: Hydraulic disc / Disc
- Overall length: 62.6 in.
- Overall width: 29.9 in.
- Overall height: 37.6 in.
- Ground clearance: 12.0 in.
- Seat height: 29.9 in.
- Curb weight: 132.2 lb.
- Fuel capacity: 1.0 gal.
- Wheelbase: 44.1 in.
- Color Choices: Lime Green
- Engine Type
- Two-stroke single
- Bore and Stroke
- 44.5 x 41.6mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Mikuni VM24SS
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 33mm leading axle conventional fork with four-way rebound damping. 8.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® single shock system with four-way rebound damping and fully adjustable spring preload. 9.4 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 132.2 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.0 gal.
- 44.1 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 12.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 29.9 in.
- 2.4 in.
- 27 deg.
- Final Drive
- Lime Green